Struggling to return to exercise after having a baby and not sure where to start, Clare gives you her most helpful pointers and encouragement to start…
- It’s individual – no one size fits all
- 6 week window is just a guidance – soft tissue healing is around 6 weeks but doesn’t mean this is always the case. Find the right amount for your body at this time, not complete clearance – beginning of rehabilitation time
- Pelvic floor exercises, couldn’t be more important in postpartum, whether vaginal or caesarian
- When returning to exercise look out for
- Leakage of urine when jump, cough, sneeze, laugh or during exercise is an indication that is too much for you right now
- Heaviness or dragging in vagina when exercising please seek assessment
- Bulging in your tummy or fingers dropping down, seek assessment
- Try to see a pelvic physio health specialist
- NHS is free if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, via your GP
- You can access privately even if not experiencing symptoms. Seek support, doctor is first line – don’t suffer in silence!
Leave a Rating / Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.