How can you add purpose and value as an ally to a friend or colleague’s fertility process or miscarriage?
Thanks to major lifestyle, environmental and societal shifts over the last few decades, many of us now experience challenges with fertility. One in three report that they (or someone they know) have used some form of fertility treatment, and one in four experience miscarriage, with that number rising to as many as one in two the older we get.
With so many people impacted by fertility issues including miscarriage and infertility, it is time we equip ourselves to better understand and support those facing these challenges. Whether it’s a close friend or a colleague that is struggling with infertility or has been through a miscarriage, it’s always difficult to know what to say and how to best support them.
During this 60 minute workshop, we will discuss how you can better understand and support friends and colleagues who may be struggling with fertility. We will also discuss how you can approach a friend or colleague dealing with the unfortunate reality of miscarriage.
The aim of this workshop is to leave you with a better understanding of what someone experiencing these challenges may be going through, and (armed with practical tips and tricks) how you can offer genuine support.
- Understanding some of the facts and dynamics that are the driving force behind why so many of us will be impacted in some way by infertility and miscarriage.
- Walking a mile in someone else’s shoes with IVF: while it is more common for people to undergo IVF treatment, many of us still don’t quite appreciate the hard reality of going through IVF treatment.
- We will take a quick look at what a person undergoing fertility treatment may experience, to help you better understand the process and what they might be going through.
- The unspoken toll of miscarriage: we’ll take a look at the latest research around the mental health impact of miscarriage (30% of women who have miscarried are now classified as having some form of PTSD).
- ‘What helped me’: practical tips and tricks to help you provide real support to your friends and collegaues going through infertility or miscarriage. These are taken from snippets shared by The Journey community who have experienced these challenges first hand.
How the workshop is delivered:
- Duration: 1 hour
- Number of Attendees: up to 100
Who is it for?
- Companies who want to inform their employees on how to be better allies to their colleagues who are trying to conceive or who might have devastatingly had a miscarriage.
Please enquire with the team directly for costings and availability. We can tailor each workshop to your individual needs.
Sarah is founder and CEO of The Journey, a research-based platform dedicated to empowering people with positive, practical and evidence-based tools to make the journey from conception through early years as healthy and positive as possible.
Back in 2017, after struggling with her own fertility issues, Sarah left Investment Banking (Managing Director European Equities: JP Morgan/Deutsche Bank) and set up a resource that used pioneering research and leading experts to help those struggling with many of the modern day challenges we face from fertility and conception through to early years.
After training in nutrition and hormone health she now offers one to one fertility coaching online.
Enquire: [email protected]