First Food Puree Recipe
This Lovely Lentils recipe is sweet, soft & smooth for babies. It’s easy to make & is packed full of vital nutrients to help them grow up strong.
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g/4 oz carrot, chopped
- 15 g/ 1/2 oz celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 50g/2 oz split red lentils
- 200g/ 7 oz sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 400 ml/ 14fl oz unsalted or weak vegetable or chicken stock, or water
- Saute the onion, carrot and celery in the vegetable oil for about 5 minutes or until softened
- Add the lentils and sweet potato and pour over the stock or water
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes
- Puree in a blender
Makes 6 portions
Leave a Rating / Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.