The menopause is not an illness or medical condition: it is an entirely normal life event for women. However, the troublesome symptoms that the menopause can bring are all too often under-recognised, undervalued and not taken seriously.
Symptoms such as hot flushes, fatigue, mood changes and brain fog not only affect home life and relationships but careers too. Nine out of ten women say their menopausal or perimenopausal symptoms have a negative impact on their work – according to a survey of 1,132 women by The Menopause Doctor website (menopausedoctor.co.uk). Other findings included: 9% had a disciplinary process, as a result of poor performance 51% of respondents reported having time off work due to their symptoms, 51% had reduced their working hours and 32% considered quitting their job altogether as a result of menopause in the workplace.
How to best support women going through the Perimenopause and Menopause in the Workplace
In this workshop, we will help your company to understand the importance of supporting the women in your business who might be going through the Perimenopause and Menopause, which in return helps prevent women leaving the workforce due to their symptoms.
One-third of women will experience severe symptoms and will be more likely to hide how they are feeling due to not being aware of their cause or feeling scrutinised and judged. This too often leads menopausal women to leave the workplace.
Corinna will give you advice and tips on how to make menopause more manageable in the workplace, including how employers should be supporting women and ways women can reduce the impact of their symptoms at work.
First, we will look at what the menopause actually is, symptoms women may experience, and discover the treatments and lifestyle changes that can make a real difference. Corinna will help you open the conversations, and remove the stigma, leading to a more supported and productive workforce and improved staff retention.
What is covered:
- Statistics of women leaving the workplace during peri/menopause and impact on the relevant sector/industry
- What are the perimenopause and menopause?
- Spotting the signs: mental and physical health
- Workplace obstacles
- How to best support women going through the perimenopause and menopause in the workplace
- Lifestyle changes and medical help
- A short focus on menopause at any age and the workplace (early and premature menopause)
- Learn about menopausal symptoms, triggers and bust myths
- Get the menopause conversation started and create a comfortable environment to discuss the impact on work, normalising peri/menopause
- Improve awareness of peri/menopause among managers as a real occupational health issue and raise awareness among staff
- Devise solutions together to improve women’s wellbeing
- Discuss offering direct access to support (medical, lifestyle, mental health related)
How the workshop is delivered:
- Duration: 1 hour
- Number of Attendees: up to 20
Enquire: [email protected]