First Food Puree Recipe
Parsnip, Spinach & Sweet Potato make this a powerhouse of a puree, which is great for growing little ones. Top tip – add a tiny bit of grated apple for a sweet fruity zing.
- A knob of unsalted dairy free margarine, or butter
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and diced
- 250g sweet potato 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 250ml unsalted vegetable stock, or water
- 75g baby spinach
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the diced parsnip, sweet potato and apple
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the stock or water
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes until tender
- Add the spinach and simmer for 2 minutes
- Puree in a blender until smooth or until you reach the desired consistency for your baby
Makes 5 portions
Leave a Rating / Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.