First Food Puree Recipe
Parsnip, Spinach & Sweet Potato make this a powerhouse of a puree, which is great for growing little ones. Top tip – add a tiny bit of grated apple for a sweet fruity zing.
- A knob of unsalted dairy free margarine, or butter
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and diced
- 250g sweet potato 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 250ml unsalted vegetable stock, or water
- 75g baby spinach
Makes 5 portions
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the diced parsnip, sweet potato and apple
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the stock or water
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes until tender
- Add the spinach and simmer for 2 minutes
- Puree in a blender until smooth or until you reach the desired consistency for your baby
To continue viewing...
You must sign up to view more content and gain full access to bloss!
Sign up today for unlimited access:
- Book appointments
- Expert advice & tips
- Premium videos & audio
- Curated parenting newsletters
- Chat with your bloss community
- Discounts & competitions
- Special events