Having a caesarean birth is abdominal surgery and for most women will take 4-6 weeks to recover. There are many things which can help your caesarean birth recovery and here are my ten top tips.
1. Take probiotics after birth to counteract the effects of the antibiotics given to you during the caesarean birth. Antibiotics reduce your risk of infection which is around 10%. You may want to consider probiotics for your baby too, particularly after a planned caesarean birth, however the research for babies and probiotics are limited. Breastmilk contains pre and probiotics which can help replenish the gut lining.
2. Don’t compare your recovery to anyone else. You are you. Take your time to heal
Sign up FREE today for unlimited access:
- Book appointments
- Free expert advice & tips
- Premium videos & audio
- Curated parenting newsletters
- Chat with your bloss community
- Discounts & competitions
- Special events
Attempting to settle a newborn baby in the postpartum period can leave many parents feeling concerned, helpless and upset. After all, the fourth trimester is a time where your baby is adapting to the outside world. It feels alien to them, it feels overwhelming, and their brain is developing hugely at this stage. They have […]
There are risks and benefits with everything we do in life, and vaginal birth carries benefits as well as risks. In the UK thanks to our human rights laws, thanks to Birthrights campaigning over the years and the NICE guidelines everything you do during pregnancy, labour and birth is your choice. It is your birth, […]
Two hour group session for anyone planning on a caesarean birth to discuss: What to expect from your caesarean birth Techniques to help you remain calm throughout Recovery tips, what to expect, how to help postnatally How to improve your recovery and tips during pregnancy Includes one downloadable track to help you relax towards the […]