From Bump to Baby: Navigating the First Weeks with Confidence
Join us for an exclusive charity brunch and talk led by an experienced midwife, Miranda Sykes, the talk has been designed to empower expectant parents in creating a comprehensive postnatal plan for a smooth transition into parenthood. Connect with other parents over a meal while gaining valuable insights for a confident start to your parenthood journey.
What we will cover:
- Navigating the Initial Weeks: Gain insights from an experienced midwife on the challenges and triumphs of the first weeks with your newborn.
- Strategic Household Conversations: Learn how to engage in essential pre-birth conversations with your partner, addressing feelings, fears, and effective communication. Explore practical strategies for delegating household chores, including food, cleaning, laundry, and shopping.
- Setting Visiting Boundaries: Discover the importance of planning visiting schedules and setting clear boundaries with family members and friends. Establish a supportive network that respects your need for privacy during those precious early weeks.
- Maximising Support and Managing Visitors: Confidently manage family expectations, set visitor boundaries, and encourage guests to contribute in meaningful ways. Receive thoughtful gift suggestions that focus on your well-being, such as food delivery, vouchers, or an indulgent massage at home.
- Feeding Success: Whether planning to breastfeed or use formula, gain expert guidance on antenatal preparation for breastfeeding and practical tips for bottle feeding. Strike a balance between ready-made bottles and powdered formula for a seamless feeding plan.
- Restorative Recovery and Sleep: Prioritise your well-being by learning effective strategies for rest and sleep. Design afternoons free from disruptions and communicate with delivery personnel through a personalised door sign, ensuring uninterrupted rest for both you and your newborn.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to enjoy a delightful brunch and to support an amazing charity Mumsaid, whilst connecting with fellow parents to build your community, and arm yourself with valuable insights and support from an expert midwife. Craft a personalised postnatal plan, setting the foundation for a confident and serene journey into parenthood.
February 15th at 10.00 am – 12.30 pm
Venue: High Road House, Chiswick (private dining room)
Ticket cost: £45, proceeds will be going to an incredible charity called Mumsaid
This event is suitable for partners to join
Miranda is a senior midwife in London working for both the NHS and privately. She has worked across all areas of maternity over the past decade, and more latterly specialises in maternal mental health with the NHS.
Privately Miranda provides a pregnancy and postpartum handholding service. The pandemic brought into stark focus the need for women and their families to have unhurried access to a midwife when they wanted, and for as long as they wanted. Her unique position working both privately and for the NHS means she can help women navigate their way through the NHS system and help them advocate for the best possible care. She provides both in-person and virtual consultations, as one-offs or part of a bespoke package.
Her true skill is in educating and supporting women and their partners in preparing for labour and birth, with a strong focus on the postnatal period which is often forgotten in traditional antenatal classes. She has been working towards becoming a Lactation Consultant for the past 1.5 years and takes the international exam this April. Whilst supportive of all feeding choices, she is passionate about helping women reach their personal breastfeeding goals. She is an accredited tongue-tie assessor and aims to become a one-stop-postnatal-shop by completing her training to divide tongue-tie in 2025.