The LETO Postnatal Check
At LETO we believe a postnatal assessment is a critical component of postnatal recovery and must become the standard care for all women.
We recommend you attend your postnatal check 6-8 weeks after childbirth, however better late than never!
What to expect during the consultation:
- discussion regarding your concerns and short & long term goals
- medical history review (your pregnancy, labour, postnatal recovery and past medical history including medications and emotional issues)
- an internal vaginal examination to investigate the impact of pregnancy and labour on your pelvic floor
- evidence-based assessments and functional tests to assess your posture, pelvic alignment, biomechanics, abdominal muscle recruitment & pelvic floor strength
Treatment may include:
- a prescribed pelvic floor program
- use of ultrasound to provide realtime biofeedback and to optimise your pelvic floor and abdominal recruitment
- functional training for optimal and effective recruitment of the pelvic floor muscles
- manual physiotherapy
- a tailored rehabilitation program with or without app-based, at-home exercise prescription
- lifestyle recommendations
Following your 60 minute appointment you will receive your LETO postnatal report, any supplementary information that will be helpful for you, and a detailed pathway to achieve your pelvic health and fitness goals.
Leave a Rating / Review
You must be logged in to post a review.