Young Toddler Sleep Guide
In this comprehensive guide, I aim to teach you everything you need to know about supporting sleep for 19 month olds to 3 year olds.
I am hoping that you are here because you would like to learn a little more about how sleep works in the toddler years and to find out more about what you can do to support your toddler’s sleep. You can feel assured that I won’t be suggesting any strategies that involve leaving your toddler to cry or not responding to their needs because I believe that there are more effective, less distressing ways for both you and your toddler. I will be providing you with some practical tips and a range of ideas which can influence sleep habits and rhythms.
The guide covers:
Do we need to teach sleep ?
- How sleep works
- sleep cycles
- your baby’s circadian rhythm
- sleep pressure
- awake windows
- sleep needs
- normal amounts of sleep at different ages
- what normal sleep is
- the difference between overtired or under tired
- how sleep needs impact individual routines
- the different types of temperament and their impact
- when to have them
- nap transitions
- dropping the final nap
- bed ready
- bedtime routines, keeping it stress-free
Supporting independent sleep
- role play
- transitioning to their own sleep space
- setting boundaries
- progressions/developmental leaps
- separation anxiety
- sleep deprivation
- What can I do about my toddler getting into my bed at night ?
- My toddler fights going to bed, how can I stop this ?
- Why does my toddler resist naps ?
- Why does my toddler only have short naps ?
- My toddler is always grumpy when they wake from their nap, how can I change this ?
- My toddler keeps waking up super early!
- I’m struggling with frequent night wakings, help!
- Should I let my toddler have a danger nap (a late afternoon nap)?
As well as:
- Checking/ruling out for any underlying problems which could affect sleep
- Supporting with falling asleep and sleeping in their own sleep space
- Options for night weaning/reducing night feeds
Leave a Rating / Review
You must be logged in to post a review.