Sore, dry, chapped skin on little hands, faces, lips and noses – it looks so uncomfortable! But why do babies and children have more skin issues in the winter? And how can we help them?
Why do babies and children have more skin problems in winter?
- Children’s skin is more permeable than an adult's, meaning it is more prone to dryness and irritation. It is also thinner which means it loses moisture much more quickly
- Central heating during the winter months makes the atmosphere in our houses dry, and this in turn dries out your little one’s skin
- Wind and cold weather outside further dry out skin, causing chapping that can result in rough, sore, red skin.
Sign up today for unlimited access:
- Book appointments
- Expert advice & tips
- Premium videos & audio
- Curated parenting newsletters
- Chat with your bloss community
- Discounts & competitions
- Special events