Little Dreams Consulting are sleep consultants for babies and children who help parents, around the world, get a better night's sleep.
We help with sleep tips, sleep regressions, helping little ones sleep better with nap schedules and bedtime routines. We are are friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and professional.
In this video we give you our top tips about transitioning from a cot to a bed.
When should you do it?
There's no rush, make sure your little one has great sleep skills and is at least 2 1/2 years old (unless they are climbing out unsafely, in which case it may have to be earlier).
How do you do this?
1. Make sure you prepare your little one for this and make it a positive experience, definitely not when a new sibling arrives.
2. Make it exciting...but not too exciting
3. Help allow them to form ownership of it by going shopping for the bed, bedding etc
5. Don't change too many things at once, keep their bed where the cot was, keep bedtime the same etc
How will they react?
Either they will be fine or need some support immediately or after a few weeks - the solution to this is to maintain your boundaries and any consequences. Watch our video for more details!
Sign up today for unlimited access:
- Book appointments
- Expert advice & tips
- Premium videos & audio
- Curated parenting newsletters
- Chat with your bloss community
- Discounts & competitions
- Special events