Last updated on 26th April 2022
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://blossapp.com (the “Site”).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using the Site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to the Site
- We may suspend or withdraw the Site
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
- The Site is only for users in the UK
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on the Site
- Do not rely on information on the Site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Exclusion of liability for digital content
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to the Site
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to the Site
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks are registered
Who we are and how to contact us
The Site is a website operated by BLOSS LTD. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13336231 and have our registered office at Scottsdale House, Springfield Avenue, Harrogate, England, HG1 2HR. Our VAT number is 380018815
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
By using the Site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
we may use your personal information
- Our Acceptable Use Policy , which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy
- If you purchase goods, services or digital content via the Site, our User Terms and Conditions will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to the Site
We may update and change the Site from time to time to reflect changes to the products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw the Site
The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
The Site is only directed to users in the UK
The Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
How you may use material on the Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio
sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on the Site
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
The Site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on [email protected] or click on the Report buttons via the site
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our User Terms and Conditions
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to the Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to the Site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the Site and across different media including to promote the Site or the service forever; and
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes forever.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy [INSERT AS LINK TO ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY].
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected]
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks
The rights in the BLOSS name and logo vest in Bloss Ltd. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under how you may use material on the Site.
Terms and conditions
Bloss premium subscription service is a platform that connects parents and parents-to-be to experts, and guive access to other parenting services above to other users
- How to access the Subscription Service
- If you (a Subscriber) wish to access the Content on the Bloss Subscription Service (Service) go on to the Bloss website (www,blossapp.com) (Site) or access the Bloss app and follow the instructions which will invite you to register and provide to Bloss certain biographical information in order to register yourself with us, to create an account and to access the Service. If you subscribe to our premium Service you will also need to provide details of your bank account.
- Applicable terms and conditions
- We may at any time amend these Terms or any of the policies referred to in paragraph 2.1 by posting new or amended policies on the Site and any such amended or new policies will take effect and be binding on all Subscribers from the date that they are first accessible on the Site.
- Eligibility as a Subscriber
- You represent and warrant that you are an at least 16 years of age and an individual. If you are under age 16, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Service. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service for any or no reason to any person or entity and change our eligibility criteria at any time.
- In registering as a Subscriber you must use your own name and personal details.
- If there is any change to the personal details provided by you to us you are obliged to inform us immediately
- We permit certain companies who provide benefits to us to have a corporate subscription which allows a certain number of their employees to use the Service without paying any subscription fees. Any such corporate subscriber must ensure that any employee is made aware of these Terms and agrees to use the Service only in accordance with these Terms. The corporate subscriber shall notify us from time to time of the names and other details of all employees who are to use the Service and may by giving notice to us terminate the right of any employee to use the Service.
Once you have subscribed to the Service you will have the right to access and use all Content which is accessible to subscribers through the Service in accordance with paragraph 4 other than any Premium Content which may be made available on separate payment terms.
- Choice of services
Freemium access allows you to read free articles and buy Expert Products.
Premium Subscription Service
Bloss premium subscription service is a platform that connects parents and parents-to-be to experts, enabling them to ask qualified experts unlimited questions in the Clinic and also access premium content such as Top Tip videos and other services above and beyond the Bloss freemium service
The service includes:
- all articles, all premium content, full chat forum access, brand discounts, 20% off Expert Products
- free advice in the Clinic
- family member access (ability to add 2 other family members to share account)
- 12 months initial period.
In order to help you decide whether you want to take out a subscription you may take out a seven days free trial .
You may only take out one free trial.
- Payment terms
- The Freemium Service is free.
- Subscribers have an option to pay for the Service for a period of 12 months by way of a monthly subscription fee at £9.99 per month or by payment of one amount of £95. At the end of that 12 monthly period you may renew your subscription at the then prevailing subscription rates.
- Subscribers who choose to pay by way of a monthly subscription fee may terminate their subscription by notifying us in the manner set out on the Site giving at least 30 days notice to expire on the last day of a calendar month.
- Monthly subscription payments shall be made monthly in advance by direct debit to our bank account which will be notified to you when your first apply to subscribe to the Service ( as may be amended by us from time to time).
- Ownership, and supply of Content
- All right, title and interest in and to any Content and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Content including any moral rights are owned by Bloss or the applicable Content Supplier.
- Whilst we try to make sure that all Content contained in the Service (other than any user-generated content, if applicable) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should make your own assessment as to the accuracy or reliability or appropriateness of any Content or information contained in any Content by reference to your own individual circumstances.
- The Service may contain Content which is protected by Intellectual Property Rights or applicable laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service and not breach the Intellectual Property Rights of any person and comply with all applicable laws.
- Bloss is a registered trademark owned by us and by using the Service you acquire no rights to use and may not use the trademark for any commercial or other purpose.
- Availability of Content
- We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Service. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content) or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Service.
- We make no representations concerning any Content provided by users and contained in or accessed through the Service, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance or legality of such material or Content contained in or accessed through the Service.
- We cannot and do not guarantee that any Content or the Service will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of Content and the Service.
- The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Service. When you access third party resources on the internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
- Personal use
- The Service is offered only for your personal use, and not for the use or benefit of any person.
- Subject to these Terms, we grant you as a Subscriber a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use Content (including the right to download and retain Content) solely for purposes of using the Service on a personal non-commercial basis.
- You shall not at any time sell, licence, rent, transfer, assign charge or encumber the Content or exploit the Content for commercial use or do anything in respect of the Content which adversely affects or might adversely affect the rights of Bloss or any Content Supplier.
- Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for any purpose other than using the Service as contemplated by these Terms is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us.
- The rights you have under the Contract are personal to you and are non-transferable.
- Unauthorised use
- You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us) an unreasonable load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (iv) distribute information you know is false, misleading, untruthful, unlawful or inaccurate; (viii) upload any software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs that may disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party; or (ix) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including, without limitation, any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder.
- Submission of User Content
- Any Content that is submitted to us or to the Service by users, whether publicly or privately transmitted, including product reviews, survey responses and comments (User Content), is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content submitted by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. User Content that you submit must not: (i) contain any content that infringes Intellectual Property Rights, data protection or privacy rights of an individual; (ii) be defamatory or threatening; (iii) contain any material which is or may be construed as being, obscene, pornographic, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate or in breach of any applicable legislation (v) impersonate any person or entity; (iv) contain unauthorized advertising; or (v) transmit or distribute any virus and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees with respect to any User Content that you access on or through the Service.
- As between you and us, you own all User Content that you submit, but you hereby grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free license and right to use, copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), edit, modify, and make derivative works from your User Content (including, without limitation, your name and likeness, photographs and testimonials) for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you. In addition, you waive any so-called “moral rights” or rights of privacy or publicity in your User Content. If you make suggestions to us about improving or adding new features to the Services, we have the right to use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
- Force majeure
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
- If there is an event of force majeure ie any event outside our reasonable control and we notify you that we are unable to provide our Subscription Service for a period of time then if you are a monthly subscriber you shall not be obliged to pay the monthly subscription price
- Limitation of liability
The maximum liability we may have to you for breach of these Terms or any other obligations we may have to you shall be limited to £500 other than in respect of our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our wilful act or negligence or for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
- We may terminate your access to the Service at any time:
- for cause ie if you are in breach of any of your obligations under these Terms, by giving you notice to your email address; or
- without cause, by giving you not less than seven days prior notice to your email address.
- In the event we terminate your access to the Service without cause, if you have paid the subscription fee upfront you will be entitled to a rebate for a proportionate of the fee already paid and if you are paying the subscription fee on a monthly subscription basis you will have no further obligation to pay the monthly subscription fee.
- All provisions of these Terms which by their nature are intended to survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity provisions and limitations of liability.
- We may terminate your access to the Service at any time:
- Suspension of Service
We may suspend the Service in whole or in part to make minor technical changes or update the Content or to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. In the event we suspend the supply of the Service, we will endeavour to notify you in advance except in the case of an emergency.
- Entire agreement
These Terms (and any policies referred to in paragraph 2,1 above) constitute the entire agreement between the Supplier and the Company and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
- Third-party rights
These Terms do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Contract.
- No assignment
The Company may assign or transfer its rights under the Contract but the Subscriber has no right to assign or transfer its rights under the Contract without our prior written consent.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or replace these or change, suspend or discontinue the Service (including, without limitation, the availability of any Content) at any time by posting a notice on the Site or by sending you notice through the Service, via e-mail or by another appropriate means of electronic communication. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. While we will provide notice of any such modifications, it is also your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following notification of any modifications to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those modifications.
All notices to be given under or in respect of the Contract shall be given by email to the email address in the case of Bloss as set out on the Site and in the case of the Subscriber as shall be provided upon first registration or as may subsequently notified by the Subscriber to Bloss.
- Governing law
The Contract and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Bloss and the Subscriber irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.
In these Terms
|Bloss or we or us||means Bloss Limited|
|The Clinic||means the expert chat forum run by Bloss|
|Content||includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Service|
|Contract||means the contract which is entered into between us and the Subscriber when the Subscriber agrees to subscribe for the Service on these Terms|
|Content Supplier||means an expert or other person supplying Content included in the Service|
|Expert Products||means any webinars, downloadable files eg meal planners, classes, videos, courses provided by Bloss and/or a Content Supplier|
|family member||means a spouse, civil partner, son, daughter, mother, father, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law over the age of 18|
|force majeure||means any event or circumstance which is or are outside the reasonable control of Bloss which results or is likely to result in Bloss not being able to provide the Service substantially in accordance with these Terms and such event includes but is not limited to acts of god, war, riot, protests, acts of terrorism, industrial or other dispute, labour shortages, natural disasters, COVID-19 or any other pandemic or other health or medical emergency or situation|
|Intellectual Property Rights||means any patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, moral rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world|
|Service||means the Subscription Service provided by Bloss through which Subscribers may access Content|
|Site||means Bloss’s website at (www,blossapp.com) or any other website of Bloss through which the Service may be accessed by Subscribers|
|Subscriber or you||means any person who has in accordance with these Terms agreed to subscribe to the Service|