How we’ll achieve this:
- Understanding some of the facts and dynamics that are the driving force behind why so many of us will be impacted in some way by infertility and miscarriage.
- Walking a mile in someone else’s shoes: IVF: yes it’s now more common, but many of us don’t appreciate the hard reality of it.
- We’ll take a quick look at what a person undergoing fertility treatment may experience. (40% of people experiencing infertility can experience suicidal thoughts and 80% depression).
- The unspoken toll of miscarriage: we’ll take a look at the latest research around the mental health impact of miscarriage (30% of women who have miscarried are now classified as having some form of PTSD).
- Tips to help you be supportive in your personal and professional relationships and how to make sure you look after yourself when supporting others too
Tracey Sainsbury is a counsellor, specialising in fertility, childlessness and all aspects of pregnancy and pregnancy loss; she works with individuals and couples before, during and following fertility treatment. Tracey has over 20 years of experience providing fertility-related support; she is an Accredited Member of the British Infertility Counselling Association, a Counselling Mentor and a member of the Advisory Panel for Fertility Network UK. Tracey has a small private practice to enable clients to access ongoing support and accepts referrals from NHS and private fertility clinics, EAPS and Surrogacy organisations.
Sign up today for unlimited access:
- Book appointments
- Expert advice & tips
- Premium videos & audio
- Curated parenting newsletters
- Chat with your bloss community
- Discounts & competitions
- Special events