This three hour evening discussion includes e-mail and telephone support to clarify any issues or answer specific questions after the evening. A copy of my book The Secrets of Birth: what every woman should know about birth and motherhood
is also included.
The focus will be on the birth process but is a more concise version of the one-day workshop. As a guideline the topics covered are:
- The Path to Birth and physiological childbirth
- Self-help methods and pain management options
- Hormones and the effect the birth environment has on labour
- The role of the birth partner
- Positions to encourage straightforward labour and birth
- Hospital procedures and communicating with health professionals
- Induction and Augmentation
These workshops will leave you and your partner (if you have one) feeling calmer, more confident in your choices and equipped with solid tools to facilitate a positive birth experience.
NB In person visits are only available within London and the home counties.