Up to one in six couples have difficulty conceiving in the first 12 months of trying.
Scientific advances over the past three decades have helped many, many people overcome problems with fertility. Treatments ranging from simple investigations and scan to assisted reproductive technologies, including the most well known, invitro fertilisation (IVF) are now achieving exceptional success.
Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant despite having regular, unprotected sexual intercourse for at least a year.
Most couples (approximately 85%) will achieve pregnancy within one year of trying, however some will not. Seeking expert advice from a fertility specialist is recommended if conception has not occurred after a year of trying regularly.
Infertility causes can affect one or both partners. In general:
- In about one-third of cases, there is an issue with the male.
- In about one-third of cases, there is an issue with the female.
- In the remaining cases, there are issues with both the male and female, or no cause can be identified (unexplained infertility).
When to seek help?
It can be difficult to know when to visit a fertility specialist to seek infertility treatment, as this can often depend on the individual but one of the most important factors in determining when is right to get support, is age.
The ages and lengths of time trying to conceive before visiting a specialist are shown below:
- Women under 35 – 1 year without success
- Women 35 – 39 – six months without success
- Over 40 – as soon as possible
How can we help?
We will discuss all the challenges associated with trying to conceive in an informative and informal manner, helping to educate, provide support and share expert guidance for anyone who requires it.
Areas we will discuss.
- Getting pregnant naturally
- How long should it take?
- Can I make it happen quicker?
- What tests do I need?
- What treatments are available?
- What are my chances of success?
- NHS vs Private
- LGBT+ and singles
- Is there a right time to have a baby?
- How old is too old?
- Egg freezing
- How does the future look?
How its delivered: This workshop is delivered over 60 minutes and it can be done in person or online. Aria clinic can also cater their workshops to your companies needs.
Read some of Aria’s articles on Bloss Fertility & The Workplace and Managing IVF in the workplace .
Enquire Now: [email protected]
Leave a Rating / Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.