Every year the Employers Guide to Financial Wellbeing survey’s employees financial health across the UK and the latest stats are staggering:
- Money continues to cause the most worries for the majority of employees (26%) which far outweighs worries about careers (22%), health (18%) and relationships (14%)
- Employees with poor financial health are 3.7x more likely to be suffering from anxiety and 5.3x more likely to be feeling depressed
- The cost of poor financial health related to areas such as presenteeism, absenteeism and retention is up to 17% of payroll costs
One of the reasons I chose to become a Financial Planner (same thing as a Financial Adviser and Wealth Manager – the industry just likes to call it different names!) is because I’m on a mission to provide society with the information and education they need to achieve financial security and freedom – something we often fail to learn at school and they are crucial life skills. I am also determined to help close the gender wealth gap and 80% of my clients are women which is something I’m really proud of. I read a study by the Chartered Institute recently which found that by the age of 60-64, women in the UK have an average pension wealth of £35,700 — 25% of the amount held by the average man – this is something I really want to change!
Whenever I give a talk to an organisation, I want to make it as personalised as I can so that attendees benefit as much as possible. Beforehand I would request a call with a member of the relevant team to find out more about the demographics of who might be joining the call and also policies at work e.g. protection policies (life insurance, income protection, sick pay) and the name and details of the company pension scheme etc. I will refer back to these during the talk to highlight the importance of employee benefits and hopefully companies will see an uptake in their use as a result. I will make amendments to the presentation to highlight the objective of the talk.
I also offer a feedback link afterwards and will share the data and comments with you. I can customise this and include specific questions.
Here is some recent feedback from a talk I did recently:
- How did you find the event overall? 5/5
- Did you find it useful? 4.9/5
- Do you have a better understanding of how to achieve financial freedom? 4.8/5
How the workshop is delivered:
- Duration: up to 1 hour 30 mins
- Number of Attendees: no limit
- Includes a Q&A session and bespoke feedback survey
Enquire Now: [email protected]